Student loans preventing me from getting a home

I graduated college with an Assocites degree in Medical Assisting. I decided to stay on for my Bachelors degree in Health Service Administration thinking I could advance in my career or get a really good job. Unfortunately I live in an area that is a high poverty level. We need a home of our own. We are able to afford a mortars for a home. I consolidated my student loans. I am on the income based payment plan. Because my loans are just over $68,000 the mortgage company will not give us a chance. We are staying with my in laws in a small cramped mobile home. Everything we own is stored in their pole barn. We have a 6 year old son who wants his own home and own bedroom. I have been able to find a better job. We feel stuck and do not know what we can do next. I worked so hard this past year with my credit to get a higher score. It seems like the harder you try to better yourself in life the harder things get. I now regret ever getting my Bachelor's degree. By the way, my name is Dawn. Topic: Share Your Story

No comments:

Post a Comment