sallie mae private loans and extrinsic fraud

In 2002 My son wanted to attend Chubb Institute ( a for profit school now called anthem) in New York. When applying for financial aid we were told that before he could be considered for any other aid I had to apply for a parents loan. Given that I was only making 250 a week and had just had an auto repossessed I told the financial aid office I was certain I would be denied. I filled out the application and was never told I had been granted a loan for over 13,000 so we thought that with his own federal loan they had found grants for him. In February 2004 a lawsuit was filed against me in NY By Sallie Mae. They claim to have given service to someone they state was a "co-tenant" named Jorge Torres. At no time have I ever lived with anyone by that name. The owner of the house I lived in is Juanita And Julio Torres who are my aunt and uncle. Sallie Mae has since filed in Florida to recognize this judgment and have stated they sent me a copy at 21609 Sally St SE Palm Bay Fl. My address at that time was 1069. They then sent a summons for a deposition to 31069 Sally st. The process server located me due to her ability to figure out that there is no address as stated on her paperwork. During the deposition their attorney asked me if my address was 21069 Sally St and I said no. He then asked me what it was and I provided him with the correct address In December of 2010 they filed for a garnishment with no notice to me whatsoever. I asked their attorney for a copy of the promissory note they claim I signed, it took him in excess of 30 days to get it to me and only after I notified him that he failed to do so did he email some document to me and while the signature is close it does not appear to be mine. The copy of his letter prefacing the copy of a promissory note shows he used the address he knew to be invalid. This leads me to believe he deliberately did so use a fake address in order to prevent me from any self defense Additionally I had asked 2 other collection agencies for this beginning in 2008 and their current attorney has chosen to NOT send me a copy of all pertinent court documents filed here in Florida including the garnishment at to my correct address and in all likelihood has told the court he has while using an address he knows is false in order to once again deprive me of my rights. Their have forced me to move in with my son since the garnishment amount is nearly equal to what my rent was, put me in the position of not being able to pay other bills for a six month period while I tried to get answers from them caused extreme emotional distress and I still do not have any of those answers or a total amount of the alledged debt ( to date they have taken just over 10K The fact that they have engaged in fraud in two states leads me to believe that this is a common practice for Sallie Mae. Topic: Share Your Story

No comments:

Post a Comment